Sunday, April 30, 2006

Disappointment


So it seems recently my life has been all about disappointment. It just appears nothing has been going right! I'm trying hard to keep optimistic, but it's like the old saying goes, when it rains it pours.

You name it, relationships, work stresses, time management, health...none of it appears to be working in my favour, however, I know I have to hold to the fact that with the Lord's good timing, all will be sorted out...I just have to get through this rut I'm in...

Oh yeah, finally filed my taxes for this year. Rather than getting my usual 4- figure return back (as I have been for the past 4 or so years), it appears I'll be receiving a very, very small refund this year. Strange...one would think that as income goes up, so would RSP contributions (which I made sure the same percentage of income was being contributed), and the return would stay the same...nope...no such luck. I think perhaps it's time to step up the donations and contributions even more...*sigh*...it's still better than paying the government! Besides, this refund is more than what I have now, so I guess it's still a bonus nonetheless, but still, somewhat disappointing...

3 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Sorry to hear about so many let-downs, Vanilla. I think you know, though, that there is always a light at the end of the dark tunnel and even though you may be feeling sorta blue these days, there is sunshine up ahead. =) Keep your chin up and your eyes on Him and you'll find what you need to make it through each day joyfully!

Anonymous said...

You stole my comment!! ;)

But I agree with Mrs L =) I'm sure there are better times coming! At least you've got us! (or is that included in the disappointments? ;) )

Anonymous said...

Hey Conster,

I'm with ya on that, but speaking from similar experience, things are sorta looking up.

We just have to keep persevering to see it, which i know you will. ;)