Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The aftertastes of...well...SOMETHING...


So in my crazy schedule to find time to use my "cheap" Taste of Edmonton tix (purchased before July 19 to get an "awesome" discount of $2.25 for 30 tix, of which I only used 15 tix and sold teh other half to my coworker), I had to cram my Taste experience into a mere 1 hour over th noon hour rush (okay...for those of you who REALLY know me, I took an extended lunch, but only due to the fact that the 5 of us gals from work had to walk to the LRT, wait for the LRT, beat the crowds and the line-ups upon arrival to the festival and then having to LRT back to the branch...

Anyways, my experience, unlike that of Mrs. L's, was good as I left with a full stomach, however, I suffered greatly for it afterwards...(I'll leave out the gross details as it potentially involves digestion issues...due I think in large part to how some of the food was prepared in the sweltering heat (it was like 30 degrees when we were there)...

I tried the Patata (pretty much it was chunky hash browns smothered in garlic mayo) and that was quite delicious...though I should have thought twice before ordering it as I had to meet a member in the afternoon...oops...the cost was 4 tix...

I also tried the Chicken Ceasar wrap which I was told was a "good deal" as it was a tasty filler...and that it was! Huge chunks of chicken covered my roughly 6" pita...very tasty but extremely messy as the chicken kept squirting out the other end of my pita...again, worth 5 tix

Lastly I tried the Lobster Penne...it was very, very tasty, but my serving was kinda soupy compared to those of my coworkers...again, felt very satiated after ingesting, however, I think this was the dish that did me in for the evening!

Nonetheless, highly enjoyable experience, especially watching all the businessmen in their suits sweating bullets in the sun! Haha...that's soo mean, but hey, if you know you're gonna be in a highly populated area in the scorching sun for lunch, you'd think they would think twice before putting the suits on in the morning! One thing though...you might want to bring your own water/beverage as there were ample vending machines around, but at $2.50 a bottle, you might want to consider hauling a drink along with you when you go!

By the way...sorry, don't remember where all my tasty dishers were from (except the Lobster Penne--that was from Brewsters)...you know how it is...a memory the size of a pea...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, patatas bravas from La Tapas. So garlicy and so goooood.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Um...a *good* experience would mean that you didn't have digestive troubles afterwards. Sounds like another crappy Taste of E story to me!

Anonymous said...

I went to Taste of Edmonton twice; w/ no noticeable problems... food was pretty good, and the crowds weren't too bad either.

I didn't have the lobster penne, but I did try the other two... looks like we know what the culprit may be!

Matt said...

Sorry to hear about your gastrointestinal escapades. I hope you've recovered to bombard your stomach with raw fish this Saturday at fellowship.

Anyways, my vote goes for the Grasshopper Pie. A steal of a deal for dessert at 3 tickets. And good sized portions too. Yummy!