Sunday, April 03, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Wow...it's been a long while again since my last blog entry! I cannot believe how much time has flown by! So much has changed in this Vanilla life of mine...let me catch you up to date...

Since the last entry these are the major highlights...

1. I got married September 2008 (haha, yes, it's been THAT LONG since I've last posted)!
2. For my honeymoon BEW and I went to Bali and Hong Kong for 2 weeks
3. 6 months after the honeymoon we went back to Hong Kong but used HK as mostly a stopover to book further trips (first we went to South Korea with friends KEY and her hubby V), then we spent some time in HK and from there we booked a trip to Chiu Zhou (don't know the proper spelling), Shen Zhen (for some cheap spa treatments...BEW highly recommends Queen Spa!), and to Beijing!
4. We bought a new vehicle and got rid of BEW's unreliable POC ("piece of crap" that I liked to call it as it was supremely unreliable). We upgraded to a brand new Highlander Hybrid Limited...of course that was BEW's call as I would have settled for a lesser model...
5. I went to Vegas with some girlfriends of mine to shop and see a couple of shows! Saw Jersey Boys and Phantom of the Opera...it was a great time had by all!
6. We went on a family vacation with my side of the family...it was our first time cruising...unfortunately the destination was to Alaska...one that my parents chose and us kids weren't all that excited about, but it was still enjoyable. We'd definitely cruise again!
7. In 2010 we vacationed to Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic) for an all inclusive week. Too bad we encountered poor weather though (lots and lots of rain with only 2 days of sunshine)!
8. Most importantly though, we had our first child in 2010...he is the best gift I have received and been blessed with. He has enriched our lives and we are so thankful he is healthy and strong!

That's about it...all caught up to date...for now :) I've learned many life lessons since my last blog...will try to share some more in the future!


3 comments:

Jo said...

Hey, I never even knew you *had* a blog! LOL. I will start to "follow" you, sis :)

Nathan said...

My RSS feeds pointed out the update, but I was thinking "whose blog is this that just updated???" as I followed the link.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Hopefully your *next* blog post isn't 3 years from now! ;) Good to see you're back, VC!