Saturday, August 12, 2006

What the..?!?


What else will the oil and gas industry come up with in order to make their consumers suffer even more? Aren't they already gauging us, paying $1.149/L at the pumps...

It was reported this evening on CTV News that Esso and Shell gas stations will be charging us consumers $0.50 to use the air, regardless of whether we're filling up our vehicles or are bikes! Okay, not like the whole whopping 50 cents is going to break the bank, but it's the principal of the matter!

What next? Paying for the use of the bathroom facilities at gas stations? Or better yet...you cannot use the washroom without a minimum $3 purchase of which, you will be charged an additional $0.25 transaction fee to use the debit unless your purchase exceeds $10...

Sheesh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I find more shocking than the oil and gas industry charging for air is the fact that you have updated this blog twice this week alone.

I can tell you that if I ever have to pay $3 for use of a washroom stall, I will be holding a fricking PARTY in that sucker!

Wackies said...

What the?!? I'm airing up my bike tires STAT!