Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spoiled!

I'm so lucky to have such great friends!

Yesterday at work, as I was training another lady on how to work through a file, one of the tellers from the front found me in the very back of the building and was holding another arrangement of flowers for ME!

Much to my surprise (as my birthday was last week) I received flowers from friends in Calgary! They sent them as a "belated" birthday gift! That's so sweet as I didn't do anything for the husband of this couple (he shares my same birthday...do you all know who I got flowers from yet)?

And then all week I've been treated to hearty meals courtesy of friends. My lady coworkers took me out for lunch on Monday (we only went to Ricky's All Day Grill), but nonetheless, it was a good meal (can you believe 8 ladies came out to lunch just to celebrate my birthday)? Then for supper, my siblings and Justice and Monsieur and I all celebrated my birthday along with Mrs. L's bday at Red Lobster...again...good food and lots of it!

On Tuesday, I was greeted with a homemade cake from one of the gals from my small group...we'll call her Dr. D...which again, was sooo nice and sweet of her to even spend the time to make a cake just for me! Then on Wednesday, KEY and her hubby (sorry, I can't figure out a nickname for KEY's hubby yet...) and had a delicious supper at the Olive Garden! There was so much food I had a rather large lunch pre-made already for me today! :) One final meal awaits me this upcoming Monday as my aunt has offered to take me and Superstar to Ric's Grill for supper! Non-stop eats...

And of course in between all this eating there's been a lot of emails/phone calls/birthday cards received full of well wishes as well. I've been so blessed to have such great friends and family all celebrating with me as I turned the big 2-8!

7 comments:

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Wow, Con! Sounds like it has been a real two-week celebration! ;) I'm glad you're having such a happy 28th!

Anonymous said...

Hubby likes to be called Good Looking...but I haven't found anyone besides himself who's willing to call him that. I call him QT :)

Vanilla Con said...

I'm figuring, since February is a short month anyways, that it should become birthday month?!? I'm all for that idea :)

Haha...instead of calling him Good Looking (not to say that he isn't :) ), why don't I call him DG instead of QT? The QT name should really be reserved for you and you only to use...

Wackies said...

What does DG stand for? Are you thinking GQ? That would work well. Or better yet, our our Peacock, ha ha.
I agree that those with Birthday's in February should have a month celebration. I'm all in!

Vanilla Con said...

The term "DG" was acutally coined by KEY's hubby himself (to be yet nicknamed)...DG stands for "Dirty Guy" but not to be said in a mean or bad way...he refers to himself as DG when he doesn't shave!

Ya, it's like a play on words...DG/GQ...haha...

Anonymous said...

Ok, then that begs the question, what does QT stand for?

AND, how is it a name that only KEY should use, but yet You know it Conster....

Anyways, somebody tell Duc b/c he keeps calling me Vinh!

Anonymous said...

QT is exactly what it sounds like - cutie :) But yeah, I don't know if he'll respond if anyone else uses that nickname on him. Of course, I don't know if he'll respond to DG either, ahahah! Guess it's back to the drawing board...

Poor Vien, always being called Vinh. But he calls Vinh, "Vinh", so I wonder why he keeps getting mixed up. Better not introduce him to Vi just yet, ahahahah!