Friday, January 13, 2006

Hmmm, already mid January and this is my first entry...

WOW. Where has all the time gone?!? I seem to remember celebrating new year's only a few days ago...have I already been back to work for 2 weeks??? Well I gotta get over it, and catch you up on what's been happening since 2006 started...

Firstly, I joined a small group in which I will be studying Kay Arthur's "Speak To My Heart, God" with a few other lovely ladies. We met for the first time this past Tuesday and I'm definitely looking forward to attending this newly formed group. One of my goals this year is to improve my spiritual walk despite having a much fuller schedule. By meeting with this group, it will force me to make time for myself and to study God's word :)

Secondly, I have started taking lunch hour walks with a fellow co-worker of mine. Some might think I'm copying Superstar's idea, but contrary to that belief, my co-worker approached me to keep her company. How can I pass up that offer, given I have no excuse (I keep a pair of runners at work)! We went Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this past week and we do plan on going regularly Monday through Thursday (Friday is our "treat" day...we go out for lunch)! The tricky part is (and yes, I feel like a big meanie doing this), there is this other co-worker who tends to invite herself to EVERYTHING, and the first lady that I walk with absolutely cannot stand her!!! So this week we've been very bad and we've gotten creative as to when we go for our walks so as to avoid her inviting herself (is it really that selfish to not want to spend time with specific people over our LUNCH hour)? Don't we have a right to choose who we would like to spend time with? If so...please, I'm open to suggestions as to how to uninvite someone who invites herself to everything (including our Friday lunch outings...which we've had to share with her on a few ocassions)! Don't get me wrong, she's a nice enough lady, but boy oh boy, she doesn't know when she's overstayed her welcome! Plus she's one of those types that always has a better story to tell about her or her family after an initial conversation between a group of people that she eavesdrops on! Can you sense I get annoyed with her quite easily??? *SIGH* Patience is a virtue in which I must learn :)

Hmmm...what else??? I guess that's it for now...told you all! I lead a boring life, but I must finish with a comedic story!

Before the new year, my siblings and I were at Southgate taking in some post-Christmas sales. We were in Hallmark browsing around when Mrs. L and The Boy decided to wait outside. Superstar remained with me...and thank goodness for that! We were getting ready to leave the store when I accidently kicked something. I thought maybe I had dropped something on the ground. Much to my utter DISGUST, I looked down to find a retainer on the ground! I immediately thought of The Boy! Why you ask??? It's because this is not the first time I have located The Boy's retainer in weirdo places! So I made a triangle with me feet around this retainer so as to avoid others stepping on it and potentially wrecking this expensive piece of plastic and I sent Superstar out to get The Boy to identify this object. Sure enough, it belonged to him. It fell out of his jacket pocket as he had removed it earler for lunch! Superstar claims it was a "March of the Penguins" moment when she saw me hovering over the retainer. I dunno, haven't watched the movie yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did the boy just pick it up and pop it back into his mouth? : P

Anonymous said...

"The Boy"

That is hilarious when it's written like that.

Loved the entry!!

Vanilla Con said...

No, "The Boy" did go to the washroom to rinse/wash the retainer before he popped it back into his mouth--he's not THAT bad! :)