Saturday, January 14, 2006

Mexico, here I come (well, soon anyways)!


After throwing the idea around of traveling again this year, I actually booked a trip this evening. A girlfriend of mine and I will be heading to Mazatlan in the early part of May! I'm sooooo looking forward to this trip.

We've only booked our flight and accomodations to date and will wait until we arrive in Mazatlan before we book any tours and the like. We're staying at a four star hotel (keeping in mind this is Mexico after all), which is quite nice. But the only part I'm not looking forward to already is the layovers...not just one, but two of them! That's probably why our trip is relatively affordable :)

We fly from Edmonton into Seattle, and from Seattle to LA and from LA into Mazatlan. Talk about losing precious time from just traveling! However, our plan is to check our bags into the Seattle airport and then take the evening to sightsee around Seattle. On our way back, we'll be doing the same in LA.

I'm sooooooo looking forward to this trip, but now the real planning begins...things to do before I get to Mazatlan;

1. Find at least another bathing suit (this whole process does not appeal to me at all!)
2. Lose some weight
3. Research what there is to do in Mazatlan (thank goodness for AMA!)
4. Figure out how to spend out time wisely during our layovers in order to maximize on our trip (I guess this involves a bit of research into Seattle and LA)
5. Remember to pack only the important stuff (in case I go crazy and load up on souveniers)!
6. Get my Hep A and B shots (must book appointment soon)

Hmmm...have I forgotten anything?

6 comments:

Matt said...

Hey Vanilla Con,

You should check out the outlets in Seattle and LA. Awesome deals! And if you tell the outlet people in Seattle that you're from Canada, they won't charge you tax! Bonus!

And you already told me another thing that you're doing....taking advantage of our strong Canadian Dollar and exchanging for some USD. :)

Hope you have fun on your trip. Make sure you take lots of pictures (with the same camera), so that we can see the progression of your tan as your trip progresses. :)

Hurene said...

Ooh! I'm so excited for you, I know you are going to have a great time :) You should sign up to do some fun excursions like speedboating or swimming with dolphins. Can't wait for you to post pics when you get back!

Hurene said...

Haahahahaaha!!! I didn't know Matt was also posting a comment at the exact same time as me...he is using his laptop in the other room. Hey! I thought you were cleaning up your office, Matt!

Vanilla Con said...

Doormatt: I'm for sure gonna tell them I'm Canadian then! I didn't know they won't charge you tax if you give up that little bit of info (is that legal)?

As for the tan bit, I'll try to remember to take pics as I go along (I'll even aim for the same time everyday so that the lighting and all those other factors will remain the same)! I have a funny feeling I'm gonna come back brown :)

Hurene: I haven't booked any activities yet...I'm going to wait until I get there...that way we can plan more efficiently as I don't want to sign up for something now and find out I'll be traveling with a bunch of senior citizens!!!

Anonymous said...

I know one... LEARN TO SWIM!!

Vanilla Con said...

I can swim...just not very well! But I'd think I wouldn't die if immersed in water! I was thinking of checking out some of the shopping, lounging on the beach (depending on how nice the sand is) and then literally going for a "dip" when it gets too hot! And I dunno if the gal I'm going with knows how to swim...